Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The 1st Day of 2009 - Part 1

I usher the Year 2009 in Morib with a bunch of my hubby's friend. And on the first day of year 2009, we spend the whole day together too. On our way back we pass by Tanjung Sepat to have lunch. FYI, we have 2 lunches, yes 2 lunches! and also some snacks in between the lunches!

We have seafood bah kut teh, the famous Hainanese pau and also seafood (again!). Our original plan is to have seafood but stumble upon the bah kut teh shop which is packed with customers. We ordered a claypot of seafood bah kut teh, vege and some pork ribs. Sorry no pictures, me a lousy blogger!

But I do have some pictures on the Hainanese pau, our snack. It seems that this pau is very famous and even the infamous 'Ah Sien' of Astro eatery programme have been here to interview the tauke! I like their red bean pau. The paste is so smooth and full of red bean. I even tapau some back for my princess.

The freshly keaded pau steaming in the steamer...


These are my sau sun for my princess and the coming CNY...


After the pau, we went to the restaurant for seafood. The place is also packed, so we stroll around a shop near the shop selling dried seafood - fish maw, anchovies and also CNY cookies.

my hubby and best pal

After about 20minutes we got to the restaurant and started to order our dishes, only to be told that they are out of crabs!!!! what the... we were waiting to eat our crabs and now told no more crabs. Tired of waiting, we didn't bother to change venue and so just order whatever available and so the followings are the dishes we had.

the prawn and tofu gang

the prawn.. yummy

the tofu gang on my plate of rice

the chuk tan

our green

and the scary looking fish.

after about 20 minutes.....

yup it took us less than half an hour to finish all the dishes but we waited like an hour...

after the meal, all of us have a slow walk down this long narrow bridge out to the sea..

and that does not end our journey. stay tuned to our next stop at the dragon fruit farm along the way back from tg sepat to KL

No comments:

Post a Comment