Thursday, May 14, 2009

Family matters

Being a daughter, a wife, a daughter in-law, a mother and an employee. One can actually wear so many hats at the same time! And are committed to so many parties at the same time.

Maybe because I'm a cancerian, I value my family above anything else. My daughter, my husband, my parents and siblings are my priority - in that order.

And, yes i left out my other family members - parents in-laws and sisters in-laws. I left them out not because I don't treat them as family but because I feel I have not play that role very well. Recent event in the house tells me that I should have a better relationship with my in-laws. Many will have the person in mind *wink wink*...

In my case, I live in with my parents in-law (thank goodness all my husband's siblings are married). And within this 5 years, I think I have openly hurt my MIL twice - both after my daughter was born and the root cause is actually my expectation on my husband. Besides that, I treat them with respect. But I think that is not enough cause I feel we have not communicated/talk about a lots of things which we should to avoid what have happen in recent months.

I'm grateful and thankful to my in-laws because they have take care of my daughter for the past two years. MIL even cook and clean for us when we are without the contract maid. I never ask for anything more from them and will usually be patience with them even when I'm unhappy. But its not enough. I should have told them when I'm unhappy and why. I should have also ask them if they are unhappy with me.

Talk, talk and talk we should have been instead we keep our unhappiness to ourselves. I hope its not too late to talk.

1 comment:

  1. Friend,
    I agree with you. We should talk openly with parent in law. I also came across an incident and i know that i have not played my role as a good daughter in law.....so i did something.....and i think they realised what i have done....now i feel better with them and i think they feel the same also...:) From shirley

    ReplyDelete