Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bangkok, Thailand - The Land of Smile.

I have always wanted to spend my parents to an overseas trip and this year my brother and I did that. Both of us spend our parents and baby brother (Actually, he is no longer a baby :) he is 18 this year) a trip to Bangkok. I love Bangkok because its cheap to travel around the city, the food is good and shopping!!

We stay in Grand Tower Inn at Rama VI using the RCI privilege from our timeshare plan. The hotel is decent but the location is a bit far from all the attraction. However, it is near to the Chatuchak Weekend market which is one of our stop for this trip.


We departed from LCCT at 11:15am and arrived at Suvarnahbumi International Airport at 1:15pm. It was a long walk from the arrival gate to the immigration and when we reach the counters, the queuing area is pack with tourist! We waited for almost an hour to get pass the immigration. At that point, I really can't imagine the time when the whole airport is close down because of the protest againts Mr Thaksin.

The highlight of our trip will be the ladyboy show at Calypso Theatre, Asia Hotel that we watch on our first night there. The whole show is about 2hours and it costs THB1000 per person. It is a very entertaining show. It is suppose to be a 'decent' show until .... My hubby and I was shocked when all of the ladyboy went topless in one of the finale of their act! I think my eyes almost dropped. Its actually nothing but not when I assure my parents that its decent for my baby brother to watch. You know what I mean? Below are some of the photos taken before, during and after the show.

some photos before the show begins..

some of the performance by ladyboy..

You will be wondering what about Chatuchak market? Well, we were there on our first afternoon which is a Saturday. We only manage to look around 25% of the place. And I will say if I'm with my chi mui we could spend the whole day there. But with my baby brother, he keep grumbling about the stuffiness and humidity of the place. So, we just spend about 3-4 hours around the market. Bought some souvenir, cloths and also kitchenware!

around Chatuchak Weekend market

around the Grand Palace and the Jade Buddha Temple

Will need to post the other pictures in a later blog.. stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment