Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ondeh-ondeh: My comfort food on a Sunday afternoon

Last Sunday hubby was out meeting some soon-to-be neighbours while I spend the whole afternoon with Angel at home. We share a red bean pau for breakfast with a cup of spirulina cereal drinks. Put some cloths in the washing machine and prepared our lunch - chicken porridge. After putting Angel to her nap, I can't resist the temptation to make myself some kuih as I have not yet visited any pasar ramadhan.

I drove the car out while hubby and Angel are sleeping, just to get some freshly grated coconut to complete my kuih in mind - ondeh-ondeh. Its a kuih made from glutinous rice flour filled with palm sugar/gula melaka. I used a bowl of flour and make some 26 pieces of ondeh-ondeh for myself. Hubby does not like sweet stuff and glutinous is not suitable for kids, so I have all the ondeh-ondeh with a cup of coffee. MMmmmmm...


Clockwise from top: A packet of glutinous rice flour, two uncooked ondeh-ondeh, some cutted dough, a piece of palm sugar on dough (unwrapped) and pieces of palm sugar.

Angel looking at my unfinished task and though mummy is playing Play-doh!!!

My plate of hot ondeh-ondeh coated with fresh grated coconut!

No comments:

Post a Comment