Monday, November 2, 2009

Discipline

How do you discipline your kids?

My parents used cane to discipline me and my brothers, less on my baby brother. I still remember one day when i was around 5 or 6 years old, I was caned by my father cause i refuse to leave my grandma's house as I was enjoying myself playing with my cousins. My dad have to drag me to the car and when at home drag me out of the car and started to caned me. The caning leave some very noticebale mark, lucky its no longer visible after a few days. And, ever since I'm absolutely scared of my dad.

I read through a lots of reading (especially Western) about disciplining your kids and these professionals advice against caning or any form of beating. I will actually like that idea cause I do not want to hurt my baby like how my parents did.

I tried putting Angel facing the wall and after 2 attempts, she is well aware that it is a form of punishment. She will cry/scream whenever I mentioned 'go face the wall'. I refuse to use cane but still unable to control myself, sometimes I do hit Angel with my pair of hands. Regretting after that :(

She is only 2. Is it too young for us to punish her?

The other day, Angel was playing with the Astro remote control and accidentally press on the 'Guide' button and the blue screen appear. We asked her who did that, she replied "Pa pa". Hubby refuse to let her getaway with this (lying) and insist that she tell us the truth. Angel refuse and keep repeating "pa pa". Hubby carry to aside and Angel started crying very loudly. Hubby in his attempt to control Angel and himself, asked Angel to say sorry. This girl is so stubborn. She pleaded with her daddy but still REFUSE to say sorry!

I gotta say I'm surprise that Hubby did not lose his temper nor hit Angel. Instead, he tried to reason with her. But Angel just refuse to admit and say sorry :( I'm just wondering - if she is so stubborn now at 2, what will she be like when she is older?



2 comments:

  1. Ya...sometime kids are like that. They just act stubborn when they are given instruction. But when you talk slowly to them, "sorry" can come out of their mouth without any force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.Wei,

    I tried talking to my girl after the incident. She seems to understand but will try to distract us from the issue. Kids are getting smarter nowadays!

    ReplyDelete