Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hanoi, Vietnam

I have been doing some very interesting and exciting travelling with my hubby in this past 2 years. One of them is this trip to Hanoi, Vietnam with my hubby best buddy and his wife.

My first impression of Hanoi? On our way from the airport to the hotel, Hanoi look like a small little village (although it suppose to be one of the major city in Vietnam). The road is narrow and full of dirt. At both sides of the road is paddy fields and wooden houses, with motorbikes zooming besides our taxi. Not forgetting the bicycle and tricycle which not only carry women, men and children but also goods such as pig, goat, vegetable and so on...

We were unlucky as the hotel we book through AirAsia is closed for renovation and the 'management' offered us an alternative. Well, we don't really like the alternative (I don't have photos to show you but the alternative room is small, stuffy and no windows!) and so the 'management' recommended us a few other hotel. We chosen our hotel and to my dismay, we have to top-up another USD10 for a night!!! Oh, I forget to say that we are so bad luck that the whole of Hanoi's electricity supply is cut-off that afternoon and we are shown the 'dark' side of Hanoi! (Maybe that is also why the alternative room look so dark and stuffy)

Despite the unlucky encounter, we enjoy ourselves during our stay in Hanoi. We enjoy the food! I regret not taking picture of the food we had, if I did I don't need to write much and just show you the picture!

The centre of Hanoi is the Hoàn Kiếm Lake its beautiful. See the night view of the Tortoise Tower in the centre of Hoàn Kiếm Lake. We also visited the Ho Chi Minh Maosoleum (the grey building) but we can't go in to see Ho Chi Minh cause the building is under its once a year cleaning period. Another unlucky day :(
We spend one night in Hanoi town and the 2nd day we travel to Halong Bay. The journey took us 4 hours ride by road. We spend a night on this red boat. The amenities in the room is complete just like an other hotel room. Of course not the luxury type lah!


Hanoi is also a heaven for shoppers especially if one is looking for handicraft. Well, I'm so sorry I don't have any pictures to show you the varsities of goods you can find in Hanoi town. You can also get yourself a pair of traditional Vietnam costume in 24 hours! Well, I got myself a ready-made one. I also bought a pair of sandals, chess set made or marble, doll, and the list goes on.

Oh, I forget to describe my experience of crossing a road in Hanoi and also my trishaw experience. I'm not very good in describing the experience, but may I say adventurous! There are so many motorbikes on the road and they particularly don't stop for pedestrian except when the traffic light is red! (So sorry.. I can't upload the video to show you the adventurous encounter)

Overall, I enjoy the trip and I wish I could visit Hanoi again soon.... What do you think Honey?

No comments:

Post a Comment