Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Bento #1

After reading through all the blogs on bento, especially one by my schoolmate SueSue of CookingMomster, I have take up the challenge to create m very own bento! Thanks SueSue for being my inspiration and also encourages me in creating my very own blog for myself and my Angel.
After reading and looking at those blog on bento, I have wanted to get a cute bento box. But I thought I'm just a beginner, I will use whatever existing boxes available. And I found this 2 tier bento box which is very suitable for my lunch bento. It also come with a pair of chopstick and a spoon. I included a small spoon complimentary from Baskin Robbins! Yup is the spoon used for testing Baskin Robbins ice-cream.

Well, this will do for the time being until I can find myself a kawaii bento boxes!

The above is my lunch bento! My reason for bentoing is to lose weight. I hope to control my meal by having a more balance meal. So, this is my bento.


.......... chicken sausages, edamame, bread with Nutella, Kiwi fruit and green salad with mayonaise.


I try to follow the rule of preparing bento - balance between protein, carb, fruit/vege. But I think I have too much vege. I did not manage to finish the salad!

As time permit, I also prepare a bento for my Angel. This box is actually a complimentary box from Ajinomoto (one of my SIL is working at Ajinomoto). It come with the 3 removable compartment which is very useful in dividing the food.


...... kiwi and a seedless dried prune, bread with Nutella, 2 slices of chicken sausage (from my bento), Yakult yogurt drink.


And, so my first bento preparation resulted in 2 bento - 1 for myself and 1 for myAngel.

So, what do you think? Will I pass the bento test?

No comments:

Post a Comment